1457 S. Whitehall Lane, St Helena
Brief description of home:
This striking, peaceful, well-built home is impeccably maintained on a hillside just South of the town of St. Helena. The driveway entry leads to the landscaped laden knoll upon which the main house and garage sit. The home, garage, and gym have large windows and doors to the outside giving a sense of a solid attachment to, and respect for, the enchanting landscape. Patios and porches surround the house and grounds which provides seamless indoor/outdoor living.
● Lot Size- 2.6 acres
● Square Feet- 3,693 Main House
● Year Built- 1960
● Private natural setting
● Thoroughly remodeled in 2009- added garage, gym and pizza oven/bbq area recently
● Bed- 5 bedroom
● Bath- 4.5 bathroom
● Wine Cellar
● Entrance with tranquil fountain
● Great room with Chef’s kitchen, living room and dining area that open onto decks
● Balconies and decks with views
● Infinity edge pool
● Bocce court, pizza oven/BBQ bar area
● Garage with workshop, finished floors and large windows looking out to the trees.
● Industrial style gym with full bath underneath garage
● Luxurious gardens with outdoor entertaining area, pizza oven and bocce ball court
● Exterior Features – extraordinarily landscaped, pool, outdoor dining, very private
● Exterior landscape lighting throughout
● Gated drive
● Current owners bought in 2011.
Napa County’s crown jewel just might be St. Helena. Home to grand vineyard estates that sit behind gated drives and rows of olive trees, St. Helena offers the ultimate in Napa Valley lifestyle: tranquility, relaxation, and refined recreation. A fabulous main street, restaurants, spas, and shops are a magnet for St. Helena tourists. There's a strong local community feel here as well, with many of the community's historic buildings having been preserved and turned into specialty shops, galleries, and restaurants. Shopping at Goodman’s Department Store on Main Street, with its ornate Queen Anne facade, is a throwback to a simpler time. The annual Napa Valley Film Festival fills downtown with films and filmmakers, chefs, and tasting stations from dozens of local wineries. St. Helena’s world-class restaurants need top-tier chefs, and the Culinary Institute of America, located in the former Christian Brothers Winery, trains the next generation of culinary stars. The institute also offers hour-long cooking demonstrations for local residents along with full-time, professional-level courses. Twelve-acre Crane Park on the outskirts of town is home to St. Helena's Farmers’ Market, along with picnic sites, eight lighted bocce courts, and six lighted tennis courts.